Friday, January 28, 2011

Amigurumi Ducks - Free crochet pattern

This class of duckies all have embroidered eyes to make them safe for youngsters. The pattern below uses black craft eyes if you prefer.

I've had a few requests for a pattern for these amigurumi ducks I made. Actually, it's a modified version of another free pattern from here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=154060.msg1531839#msg1531839.

I modified the pattern by shortening the neck and making a bigger beak. Here's the pattern if you'd like to give my version a try. Enjoy!

Amigurumi Duck
(My version) 6/20/09

Materials used:
Lily Sugar and Cream Cotton Yarn
G crochet hook
2 safety eyes
polyfill for stuffing

6 sc in a magic ring
2 sc in each sc around (12 sc)
1 sc, sc inc in next sc repeat around (18 sc)
sc around (18 sc) for 4 rows
sc inc in the first 9 sc, sc in last 9 sc (27 sc)
sc in first 6 sc, sc inc in next 6 sc, sc in last 15 sc (33 sc)
sc around (33 sc) for 3 rows
sc in first 9 sc, do 3 sc dec, sc in last 18 sc (30 sc)
sc in four sc, sc dec repeat around (25 sc)
sc in 3 sc, sc dec repeat around (20 sc)
sc in one sc, sc dec repeat around, end with 2 sc (14 sc)
Position eyes and attach
Stuff
dec around to close leave long tail.
I used tail to close and then to shape bottom so duck would stand even. Pull the yarn up through the back of the duck and back down to pull in bottom. Repeat on other side of duck.

Beak

6 sc in a magic ring
1 sc, sc inc in next sc repeat around (9 sc)
sc around (9 sc)
slip stitch into next sc and leave long tail for sewing
smash down and sew to body in a curved upside down “u” shape between rows 5 and 6.

7 comments:

Marianna said...

Thank you for taking the time and effort and writing out this pattern. It makes me smile. I will be making one tonight.

Pam Fruit said...

The Ducks are so cute! You are so kind to share with us.

JES said...

Congratulations, I love crochet and your beautiful work. I discovered your blog on Facebook through one of my american friend woman.
Many thanks for your good ideas.

Sincerely,

Josiane-Eveline Schulthes

Rikki Holley said...

Thank you so much for this free pattern. I am a beginner when it comes to crocheting but I made one of those ducks in 30 minutes. Love it :0)

HUGS
Ri

Hatuli said...

Thanks so much for this pattern! These ducks are absolutely adorable! I've crocheted 5 already, in different colors, and the are all so cute!

Kirsten said...

Thank you very much for sharing this pattern! The ducks are very cute and easy to make!
Greetings from Germany
Kirsten

Leratdesfils said...

Merci 😍